My Favorite Baby Shower Gift to Give + FREE Printable Tags!
This post is sponsored by Amazon Fashion and their exclusive Simple Joys by Carter’s line. Thank-you for supporting the sponsors that help keep Momma Society going. :)
‘Tis (almost) the season of baby showers! With quite a few of my friends expecting their first or second bundle of joy this coming year, I have been working hard on figuring out the perfect gift for new moms. I wanted something filled with useful pieces. Something gender neutral that I could keep on hand. Something that would bring them joy to receive.
I finally feel like I have the perfect gift blending practical and beautiful goodies for a baby shower treat.
Here is the scoop on the 5 things I love to include.
1. Long Sleeved Bodysuits Both of my babies have lived in bodysuits their first three months of life. With the amount of diaper changes and outfit changes we go through in those first months at home, bodysuits make life a little easier. This 5-pack of gender-neutral bodysuits from Carter’s exclusive Simple Joys Collection is by far my favorite. They are ultra soft and bonus points for the snaps at the bottom being reinforced. The mixture of prints and basics in this back fits with anyone’s style—the striped one and start print are my favorites. I usually gift size 0-3 month since new moms are often inundated with newborn sized clothes.
2. A Wooden Rattle Both Isla and Brody have enjoyed having a classic wooden rattle as their first toy. I love including one of these as a gift. They are great for teething and the perfect size to toss in your diaper bag.
3. A Pair of Baby Shoes I have always been a shoe fanatic and my love of shoes has only grown since becoming a mom. I know a lot of times shoes seem unnecessary for little feet, but they are so darn cute. I love buying a pair for expectant mommas since it isn’t always something they buy themselves.
4. Swaddle Blankets I love using this 3-piece set of swaddles from Simple Joys by Carters with Isla. The colors and prints are classics that work well for boy or girl. They are a lot softer than most muslin swaddles and I love that they have a little stretch to them. I’ve used these as burp clothes, blankets and even a changing pad.
5. Fresh Flowers For Momma With all of the celebrations around a new babies arrival, the new mom is often forgotten about. I remember how much I appreciated flowers from my SIL when I had a newborn at home. I love including a tiny little pick-me-up for the new mom to be as well. Fresh flowers in a mason really fill in the gift basket and are always something the mom appreciates.
One of the best parts of gift giving is the presentation. I am the person who hoards rolls of pretty wrapping paper and fancy ribbons in my linen closet. For new moms, using wooden crates to wrap up their gifts is my favorite (I also used these crates at my baby shower). You can find them at your local craft store for a few dollars. I roll up the swaddles and stack them in the crate, then fold the bodysuits and fill the rest with gift filler to prop up the rattle and shoes. A big satin ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. Since I never seem to have the right greeting card on hand, I use these Hey Pretty Momma tags I designed on just about every gift. You can download them for FREE below. They’re great to keep on hand.
There is something so fun about sharing your favorite gear with a new mom. The perfect little box to welcome them into the world of motherhood.
What are your favorite gifts to give new moms?