Thank-you Naturalmat for collaborating on this post. Naturalmat provided us with their Organic Quilted Spring Mattress, but all opinions are our own. We only share products and brands we truly love and use.
When we were registering for our baby shower, researching the options for a baby crib mattress was daunting. It was tough finding information on how the mattresses were made, on what materials were inside of the mattress, and what chemicals were used in the production process. The information and reviews were so overwhelming that we ultimately ended up settling for the free mattress that came with our crib.
As time went on and Brody transitioned from his bassinet to his crib, I started reading and researching more about crib mattresses. With Brody spending more than half of the hours each day napping or sleeping, the quality of the mattress became a priority to us. After learning more about Naturalmat , we recently upgraded Brody's old mattress to the Nautralmat Organic Quilted Spring Mat . Here is what we are loving about it:
It Made Of All Natural Materials
With our previous mattress, I had little idea about what was actually inside the outer layer. With our Naturalmat, it's clear. Layers of organic lambswool, organic coir (the hairy outer husk of a coconut) and a natural latex tapped from the Hevea Tree create the all natural mattress.
It Is Comfortable
Not too firm, not too soft, the Coco Spring Mat works for both newborns and older babies. Since a firm mattress is important for a newborn, one side has a layer of the organic coir on top to create a sturdier place to rest. When your little one is a bit older, you can flip the mattress over and the other side has a natural latex layer as the top layer for a little squishier place to snuggle.
They're Made by Hand
Every Naturalmat mattress is made by hand in Devon, UK. The mattress isn't coming from a factory in China, it's being cut and created by hand in the UK.
Other Cool Features
- The cotton mattress cover layer is machine washable. They also make mattress protectors you can add on.
- Each mattress is completely chemical free, so you do not have to worry about your little one breathing in any harmful off-gases as they snooze.
- The layer of coir is naturally very breathable because of its springy texture.
- The latex layer is naturally hypoallergenic and breathable so your little one does not overheat.
- The lambswool layer is naturally fire retardant and antimicrobial.
The Scoop on Naturalmat
- Available for purchase in Naturalmat's online shop.
- The mattress prices start at $349.
- Naturalmat also offers a line of organic bedding and travel mats.
There is nothing sweeter than a safe, peaceful night of sleep!