I have a confession to make. I'm an over packer. When we go on vacations, I have an outfit prepared for every possible situation we could encounter. Heading to a tropical oasis, don't worry I've packed a jacket incase there's a cold front. Off to the desert? Some sort of rain gear will be packed because you never know when rain might hit. So when it came to packing a hospital bag for our little one, I was overwhelmed with the possible scenarios and was tempted to pack everything in sight.
My sweet husband finally sat me down and reminded me that we won't be far from home. We would be better off packing the minimals rather than lugging a suitcase worth of cute baby gear through the hospital as I was in labor. So I set off with a goal to fit everything for momma, dad, and baby into my trusty weekender bag (similar).
With some careful editing and folding, we successfully were able to zip up our bag with all of the essentials enclosed. Here's my packing list for Momma, Dad and baby.
- Old Flip-Flops (for shower)
- Hair Tie, Hair Brush and Clip
- Contacts, Contact Solution, Glasses
- Shampoo, Conditioner, and Dry Shampoo
- Chapstick (I swear by Fresh Sugar Lip Therapy)
- Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste
- Snacks + Water (Granola Bars, Apple Sauce, Gum)
- Robe (I bought this soft one)
- Going Home Outfit
- Nursing Pads
- ID, Insurance Card & Multiple Copies of Birth Wish List
- Change of Clothes
- Phone Charger
- Camera (We packed the Go-Pro incase we decide we want to video the birth)
- A Tennis Ball (great for dad to use when applying counter pressure during contractions on back)
- A Little Love Note (never hurts to show dad some love for all his support)
Did you overpack your hospital bag? Anything I may be missing?