There's nothing I love more than a quick, easy and healthy recipe that doesn't require a cupboard full of ingredients. With Brody becoming more and more interested in food, we decided to whip up a batch of freezer banana bites this past weekend.
What is so great about this simple recipe? It takes three messy foods (peanut butter, bananas, and yogurt) and makes them into a less messy bite-sized treat after a few hours in the freezer.
Post freezer, these also make a great treat for a teething baby. The cool, soft banana is soothing on the gums.
For the yogurt topping, have fun mixing and matching different flavor combinations. We mixed cherry yogurt with Kefir for some extra probiotics.
- Ripe Banana Sliced Into Circles
- Smooth Peanut Butter (We love using Pic's)
- Yogurt (or Kefir or a combo of the two)
- Slice Banana.
- Add thin layer of peanut butter.
- Sandwich peanut butter layer with another slice of banana.
- Lightly drizzle yogurt on top.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
PS: The awesome team at Pic's is giving away 4 jars of their delicious peanut butter on the Momma Society Instagram this week!